Coupled with the ridiculous baseball game, I think I’ll have an unlimited supply of adrenaline to live on for the rest of my life. The Jets bolted out to a 5-2 lead, pooped it all away in what seemed like a matter of seconds, then engaged in quite the back and forth before the Jets finally emerged victorious. Yes that is a total Joe Bucking of what happened but I am tired damnit.
- Somehow the Jets scored 9 goals on just 25 (!) shots. The Flyers goaltending was awful, and Winnipeg’s defense as a whole was awful. They even got to do the whole starter, then backup, then starter again (granted it was due to injury) thing. Good times.
- I’m not sure what the weirdest goal of the night was, but Jim Slater from Chris Thorburn and Tanner Glasss has to be up there. Speaking of Glass, he had three points last night, so weird.
- Blake Wheeler had a two point night and is starting to play much better, which is great to see.
- Speaking of much better, the Beatles line had three of the nine goals, and Burmi had a goal and an assist and was in general phenomenal.
- via Kevin Gibson, the last time the Jets scored 9 on the road? A late October contest at Philly. Do dee do dee do dee do dee.